Thursday, October 7, 2010

GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

12 corn tortillas
2 C cooked chicken, boned and shredded
2 C grated Monterey jack cheese
1 small minced onion
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 pt. sour cream
1/2 can milk
1 4-oz can diced green chiles

Flash fry the corn tortillas in hot oil only until limp. (I don't fry them at all. I just warm them in the microwave to keep them limp. I don't warm them until I am ready to use them.)
Make the sauce by mixing together the onion, soup, sour cream, milk and chiles. This can be done in a food processor, blender or mixer.
Place a small handful of the chicken and cheese on each tortilla dividing it evenly among the twelve, reserving 1/4 V of cheese. Roll the tortillas and place in a 9 x 13 pan. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Serve hot. Serves 6.

No comments: